With the nomination period well underway for the 2019 Outstanding Business Achievement Awards, we continue our series highlighting the various categories under which you can put forward your favourite business (or individual).
The Sarnia Lambton Business Achievement Awards (OBAAs) is the most recognized industry gala with a single focus on celebrating business success.
Now in its 30th year, this year’s OBAA will take place on Friday, October 18 at the Imperial Theatre in downtown Sarnia.
Nominations can be done online. Just CLICK HERE to get started.
This week’s feature categories are Non-Profit and Outstanding Customer Service—Business.
The Non-Profit category is designed to recognize and reward excellence and innovation among non-profit organizations whose work results in significant social impact within and external to the Sarnia-Lambton community.
- Displays visionary leadership
- Customer focused
- Can demonstrate a commitment to volunteers, employees and partners
- Demonstrates corporate citizenship and/or community leadership
- Can show a growth in sales, services and/or growth in the number of individuals served and/or expanded programs and services
- Recognition of innovative campaigns
- Demonstrated Social Impact
Outstanding Customer Service—Business
We all want to be well cared for when it comes to doing business. An organization that excels in providing outstanding customer service is bound to get our attention, and drive value throughout the community as a place that we want to send our family, friends and colleagues.
- An organization that goes above and beyond the job and/or consumer expectations
- High quality service from beginning to end – the amount and quality of assistance given to customers
- An organization’s behaviour or activities that help improve morale and public relations
Next week: Inclusivity and Agri-business.