The Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce is hiring a new Chief Executive Officer.
The successful candidate manages all aspects of the Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce, a 650+member non-profit organization.
The role includes directing membership sales, member relations, budgeting, marketing, media releases, volunteer coordination, advocacy, community outreach, sponsorships and event planning.
A close working relationship with the board of directors, including regular communications and reporting is also fundamental to the role.
The CEO is the face of the organization and is required to sit on numerous local boards in addition to all Chamber committees, to attend all Chamber events, and to attend a high percentage of non-Chamber events for which there is an expectation of Chamber participation.
The CEO is expected to build upon the existing goodwill and long history of the Chamber to engage and retain members, grow the membership, find new sources of revenue, innovate, modernize service delivery, and generally expand the influence and community profile of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (required);
- Financial management and budgeting (required);
- Experience reporting to a Board of Directors as a senior manager or CEO (required);
- Technology competency (common software such as MS Office, etc.) (required);
- Experience managing employees (required);
- Experience managing volunteers;
- Experience planning events;
- Experience as Chamber of Commerce executive or volunteer;
- Familiarity with Sarnia-Lambton and/or Sarnia-Lambton roots is a significant asset;
Applications may be submitted in confidence to Mary Jean O’Donnell, chair of the Board of Directors, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date for applications is May 1, 2020.