On Friday, May 8th, MPP Bailey and Minister Sarkaria held a small business roundtable via Zoom to check in on the SME’s in Lambton County. During the meeting, the Chamber shared initial results from the Sarnia-Lambton COVID-19 Business Impact Survey as they relate to Ontario’s Small Business Recovery and Success Strategy. While a detailed report will be released in the near future, we wanted to give you an overview of some of the findings (the survey had 292 respondents and of those respondents, 85% have fewer than 20 employees):
- 77% are worried customers will reduce or delay spending even after COVID-19 is over.
- 51% of respondents are small businesses with fewer than five employees.
- 44% of respondents are new start ups or a small business entity.
- 36% currently do not have the cash flow to pay monthly bills (wages, rent, etc.).
- 36% are worried that there is not enough government support to ensure that they have an income.
Both MPP Bailey and Minister Sarkaria asked for feedback regarding provincial support measures. If you have feedback to share, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.