Nominations for the Chamber’s 30th annual Outstanding Business Achievement Awards night are now open!
The Sarnia Lambton Business Achievement Awards (OBAAs) is the most recognized industry gala with a single focus on celebrating business success.
The OBAAs, which celebrate incredible innovations and achievements, is unique in its engagement of a broad range of industry sectors and sizes from across the province. We will be celebrating this year on Friday, October 18 at the Imperial Theatre in Sarnia.
Tickets are now available. Click HERE to buy online.
This week we’re wrapping up our series of articles intended to explain in some detail each of the 15 categories for which businesses and individuals can be nominated.
Nominations can be done online. Just CLICK HERE to get started.
This week we present the details of the last three categories.
Business Leadership (Individual)
Certainly, companies are essential to the vitality of the community. But so are individuals and we recognize individual leadership as part of a dynamic that can’t be overlooked. Our purpose in celebrating one outstanding Business Leadership winner is to bring forward the very best example that exists in our community today.
- Commitment to developing the business community by offering expertise and leadership
- Commitment to self-development
- Commitment to enhancing the image of Sarnia Lambton.
Customer Service (Individual)
Picking one individual that stands out when it comes to delivering customer service may be a tough order but that won’t keep our judges from making the call. We all want to be the best at what we do, and recognition in the form of a Customer Service award is something that goes hand in hand with the goals of the Outstanding Business Achievement Awards.
- Individual who go above and beyond the job and/or consumer expectations
- High-quality service from beginning to end – the amount and quality of assistance given to customers
- Individual behavior or activities that help improve morale and public relations
Member of the Year (Individual)
Every year, the Chamber’s selection of Member of the Year is one of the most anticipated moments of the Outstanding Business Achievement Awards. This year will be no exception as the competition heats up. Chamber Members have a well-deserved reputation for setting high standards.
- The volunteer must have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills through selfless contributions, leading to significant local achievements or highly successful events.
- Contributions should be above and beyond the nominee’s normal job/occupation.
- The nominee must have shown responsibility or demonstrated leadership qualities while being creative and using their own initiative