With the nomination period well underway for the 2019 Outstanding Business Achievement Awards, we continue our series highlighting the various categories under which you can put forward your favourite business (or individual).
The Sarnia Lambton Business Achievement Awards (OBAAs) is the most recognized industry gala with a single focus on celebrating business success.
Now in its 30th year, this year’s OBAA will take place on Friday, October 18 at the Imperial Theatre in downtown Sarnia.
Nominations can be done online. Just CLICK HERE to get started.
This week’s feature categories are Inclusivity and Agri-Business of the Year.
Celebrating what makes us different is important for many reasons, not least of which is that those differences are what makes us stronger. As a forward-thinking champion of inclusive principles, the employer selected will be living out an attitude that recognizes how important it is to build momentum in this area. Showing how inclusivity can be part of a competitive advantage is just part of what this award category demonstrates. The key is to drive respect, value and support through activities that take place on a daily basis.
- Clearly demonstrates leadership and commitment through recruitment initiatives that focus on reaching the broadest possible talent
- Provides access to mentoring tools and programs, including ones that support inclusivity including support for accessibility initiatives and assistive devices for those with disabilities, new immigrant employees, women in leadership, those who identify as LGBTQ, and members of visible minority groups.
- Leadership programs built on a solid foundation of inclusion and accessibility training.
- Ensures programs for employees from diverse backgrounds stay current on networking opportunities, customer products, services and programs targeted to diverse groups, including community activities, donations and volunteer opportunities.
- Create/support initiatives to meet or exceed accessibility standards for premise design and IT development for both employees and/or customers
- Builds a workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we live in and serve.
Sarnia-Lambton remains one of Canada’s most diversified regions as defined by its mix of industrial and agricultural sectors. For those engaged in driving value through agri-business, this award is an opportunity to celebrate both the success and passion for growth and excellence in the agricultural sectors.
- significant achievements as a senior leader in building, rejuvenating or expanding a business in the food, agribusiness or beverage sectors;
- developed and communicated a clear vision and direction for sustainable growth and prosperity at both a corporate and industry level and;
- Regarded as a good corporate citizen and demonstrates social commitment.
Next week’s feature categories: Business of the Year and Social Responsibility.