Let us know your plans!
These summer weekends are an excellent opportunity to collaborate creatively with each other. We have some resources that will be on the way to support inspiration, but the streets are yours! Just a reminder to be cognizant of your neighbours and plans with their space into the street. Let us know what you are planning, and we will push the message out on our channels and host it on our Weekend Walkabout page. If you’re interested in collaborating on ideas, please reach out.
Ideas to draw folks to your store:
- A classic sidewalk sale: Bring your store’s insides outside.
- Host artists: Do you have an interesting artisan on display? Host them in front of your business to see how their craft is made, or have them design a one-of-a-kind piece to put on display
- Host a Charity: Are you passionate about a cause? Show the generous Sarnia community what they are all about by hosting an information table/session
- Create a creative window display: Have something significant and exciting to make those walking by say “wow.”
- Sandwich board design art: sandwich boards are portable, fun and most of all, changeable! Create a new design each week to pop in front of your storefront
- Set up an “Instagram-able” display outside of your business to encourage people to stop and snap.
- Find a type of entertainment that fits with your business. Think out of the box – the possibilities are endless!
- Hire dancers or other creative entertainers
- Is the theme of your business retro? – Hire an impersonator or cover artist to fit your theme.
- Does your neighbour’s daughter play a mean saxophone? Ask him to busk outside of your store.
- Your Idea here: the only limitation is your imagination!
Some other great cities’ pedestrian initiatives to draw inspiration from
“8 Blocks of Awesome” – Downtown Coburg
“Patiolicious” – Collingwood
“Promenade on Queen” – Kincardine